Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chef Leu - You Son of A Bitch

Chef Leu is a master of all trades. He can whip up any Chinese dish you have ever heard of. He can make a wickedly strong drink, and he always serves it in some sort of 'special' glassware. He also happens to be the owner of the weirdest Chinese restaurant I have ever been to.

My husband and I used to frequent Chef Leu's quiet a bit when we lived about a half mile away. Now we live too far and only make the stop when traveling in from the South. I wouldn't recommend driving home after a meal with Leu, because it always consists of a very strong beverage or 3. Unless you are one of those, I'll take a water with my dinner persons. If so, what the hell are you doing at a Chinese restaurant on route 7? Go to fucking Olive Garden with the rest of the peasants.

The reason I refer to it as being so odd, is no matter what time of day you are in there, you are always the one and only table. We were there Tuesday evening and I was surprised to see that there were 2 to 3 tables full of patrons. The polite hostess brought us through the restaurant to a dimly lit booth that smelled of crab rangoons. We immediately opened our menus to the first page which is littered with jovial illustrations of their cocktails. Dear Baby Jesus, I love this place. The waitress came right over with tea and those magical fried goodness that you dip in duck sauce and took our drink order. Now this is where you have to be careful and pay close attention. I always go with the mai thai because it is delicious and could burn the hair off of your arm and the hubs goes with the suffering bastard, maybe because he is, ha. I have strayed from the usual cocktails, the scorpion bowl is eh, the volcano is about the same, lots of juice, but then there is the Zombie. Be sure to have a ride home or a blanket so the Chef can put you up for the night, cause you will be a zombie after a few of these bad boys. As soon as we ordered our drinks, crab rangoons and entrees I looked up and all the patrons were gone. It never fails. The food came out promptly and was delicious as usual. I went with the Kung Pao and hubs went with the General Tso, and we split the pork fried rice which is always great and not super greasy like some places serve it. All and all, the Chef does it right and is worth every penny.
http://www.chefleu.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment